A quick and delicious side dish is my jazzed-up baked beans. It is so simple to prepare and it will taste as if you have been cooking this all day long. This is a perfect recipe to accompany any outdoor grilling you are doing, such as hamburgers, frankfurters, chicken, and my all time favorite Barbecue Beef Brisket.
(See my BBQ Brisket Recipe for a video of this recipe)
- 1 28-oz can baked beans (any variety)
- 1 small onions coarsely chopped
- 4 tbs ketchup
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 300°
- Place all ingredients in a casserole dish with cover.
- Mix ingredients until well blended.
- Cover and bake in oven for 1 to 2 hours.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.